KGMU- King’s George Medical University Lucknow
KGMU– King’s George Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow is a prestigious medical institute. The college is situated in the heart city of the Uttar Pradesh state – Lucknow. The college was set up in 1911 and perceived by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). Prof DK Gupta is the current head of the college.
The University has various structures having a place with subjects like Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cardiology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Rheumatology, Geriatric Mental Health, Surgical Oncology, Chest Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Anaesthesiology, Ophthalmology, Urology and Community Medicine. Courses like BSc in Nursing, BDS (Bachelor in Dental Sciences), postgraduate confirmation courses, MBBS, MD and Master in Hospital Administration (MHA) are advertised.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has positioned the college 39 among colleges in India in 2021, 9 among clinical colleges and 60 primarily. Outlook India placed sixth among clinical schools in India in 2019 and seventh continuously.
The college has been decreed the fifteenth best college in the country, a stage higher than its positioning in 2016 when it was put at the sixteenth position, out of 100. In separate classification astute positioning, KGMU has packed away the fifth spot in the leading 25 clinical colleges in the country.
In this article, findmecollege has provided the necessary details about King’s George Medical University, Lucknow, including various information such as Courses, Fees and admission process etc. down below:
KGMU, Lucknow – Courses & Fees:
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) – It is a 5-year graduation programme, for which the 1st-year fee is INR 54,900.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) – It is a 4-year graduation programme, for which the 1st-year fee is INR 54,900.
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) – It is a 3-year post-graduation programme, for which the 1st-year fee is INR 1,08,200.
- Doctorate of Medicine (MD) – It is a 3-year post-graduation programme, for which 1st-year fees is INR 1,08,200.
- Master of Surgery (MS) – It is a 3-year post-graduation programme for which 1st-year fees is INR 77,300.
- Diploma – It is a 2-year diploma programme, for which the 1st-year fee is INR 73,000.
KGMU – King George’s Medical University Fees and Eligibility
|Courses||Total tuition Fees||Eligibility|
|UG Diploma||INR 64.5 K – 1.36 L(for 2 years)||–|
|B.Sc.||INR 48 K – 3.05 L(for 4 years)||Exams :CBSE 12th|
|MD||INR 1.05 L – 2.34 L(for 3 years)||Exams :NEET PG|
|BDS||INR 2.18 L(for 5 years)||10+2 : 50 %Exams :NEET|
|MBBS||INR 2.46 L(for 66 months)||10+2 : 50 %Exams :NEET|
|MDS||INR 2.33 L(for 3 years)||Exams :NEET MDS|
|MS||INR 1.05 L – 2.33 L(for 3 years)||Exams :NEET PG|
|PG Diploma||–||Exams :NEET PG|
|DM||INR 90 K – 2.22 L(for 3 years)||Exams :NEET SS|
|M.Ch.||INR 1.64 L – 2.22 L(for 3 years)||Exams :NEET SS|
|B.Sc. in Nursing||Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician||Diploma in O.T. Technician|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||Diploma in Physiotherapy Technician|
|MDS in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||Diploma in Emergency and Trauma Care Technician||Diploma in X-Ray Technician|
|B.Sc. in Nursing||Diploma in Cardiology Technician||Diploma in Optometry Technician|
|Diploma in M.R.I. Technician||Diploma in Blood Transfusion Technician||Diploma in Clinical Pathology|
|Diploma in Radiotherapy Technician||MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology||MS in General Surgery|
|Diploma in Dialysis Technician||MD in Radiodiagnosis||MS in Orthopaedics|
|Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology||MD in Pathology||Diploma in C.T. Scan Technician|
|B.Sc. in Nursing||MD in Paediatrics||MS in Obstetrtics and Gynaecology|
|MD in Psychiatry||MD in General Medicine||MS in Ophthalmology|
|Diploma in Sanitation||Diploma in Anaesthesiology||MDS in Conservative Dentistry|
|MD in Pulmonary Medicine||MD in Anaesthesiology||M.Sc. in Medical Surgical Nursing|
|DM in Cardiology||MD in Community Medicine||MD in Hospital Administration|
|MDS in Orthodontics||MD in Pharmacology||MS in ENT (Otorhinolaryngology)|
|MD in General Medicine||Diploma in Ophthalmology||MD in Radiotherapy|
|MD in Radio Diagnosis||MD in Pathology||MS in General Surgery|
|MS in Ophthalmology||Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health||M.Ch. in Surgical Gastroenterology|
|MD in Radiotherapy||DM in Neurology||MDS in Oral Pathology|
|M.Ch. in Surgical Oncology||MD in Physiology||MD in Pulmonary Medicine|
|MDS in Periodontics||Diploma in Child Health||DM in Rheumatology|
|MD in Paediatrics||MS in Orthopaedics||DM in Geriatric Mental Health|
|M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing||Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis||DM in Gastroenterology|
|MD in Microbiology||MDS in Pedodontics||MD in Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion|
|MD in Pathology||MD in Radio Diagnosis||DM in Cardiology|
|MDS in Oral Medicine and Radiology||M.Ch. in Plastic Surgery||DM in Neurology|
|MD in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||MD in Anaesthesiology||M.Sc. in Nursing|
|MS in ENT (Otorhinolaryngology)||MDS in Prosthodontics||MD in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology|
|M.Ch. in Urology||MD in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation||M.Ch. in Endocrine Surgery|
|MD in Pharmacology||Post Graduate Diploma in ENT (Otorhinolaryngology)||DM in Pulmonary Medicine|
|MD in Anatomy||M.Ch. in Surgical Oncology||M.Ch. in Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery|
|MD in Physiology||MD in Community Medicine||MD in Microbiology|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||MD in Bio-Chemistry||M.Ch. in Neuro Surgery|
|MS in Traumatology and Surgery||Post Graduate Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases||M.Ch. in Surgical Gastroenterology|
|M.Ch. in Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery||M.Ch. in Neuro Surgery||MD in Anatomy|
Admission Process: KGMU
- King George’s Medical University (KGMU) is a UGC-supported NAAC’ A’ grade school. Under Graduation, Post Graduation and Doctoral level courses are available at KGMU. A total of 17 courses are available in medication, wellbeing sciences and nursing. KGMU MBBS program depends on the scores acquired in NEET.
- Application structure can be downloaded from the authority site of KGMU or can be gotten from the college office.
- MBBS and BDS confirmation depends on a substantial score in NEET UG directed at All India Level. Aside from the NEET UG score, 70 seats will be, filled based on UP NEET guiding.
- Admission to B.Sc. (Radiotherapy) and B.Optom requires an entry test followed by a meeting.
- For B.Sc. (Nursing) and Dental Hygiene (DH) courses, the competitors need to show up in an entry test led by the college followed by directing.
- For MD/MS and MDS courses, the confirmation will be, conceded in light of the score acquired in UP PGMEE for 85% of the seats and NEET PG led by DGHS, New Delhi for 15% of the seats.
- Admission to DM and M.Ch courses will be conceded in light of the score in AIDMCHEE.
- For MHA, MHPEE, Paramedical and Fellowship courses, the up-and-comers need to qualify in a college-based entry test followed by a meeting.
- For M.Phil. and PhD programs, KGMU conducts explicit entry tests followed by a meeting. CSIR/UGC NET or ICMR qualified up-and-comers are additionally qualified to apply for the PhD program.
KGMU Accepted Entrance Exams 2022
|Course Name||Accepted Exams|
|MD, MS||NEET PG|
|DM, MCh||NEET SS|
Admission Process for UG
King George’s Medical University offers MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. (Nursing) and DM/DH courses in different disciplines. Applicants are more likely than not to pass 10+2 or identical with PCB and English with a total of at minimum half stamps in total.
Admission to MBBS and BDS courses will be, allowed based on NEET UG score, albeit 70 seats will be filled through the UP NEET Counselling process. Access to B.Sc. (Radiotherapy Technology) depends on the KGMU Entrance Test followed by a meeting. For DM/DH and B.Sc. (Nursing) courses, the college likewise directs an entry test followed by guiding.
Admission Process for PG
KGMU offers MD, MS, MDS, MHA, MHPEE and PGD courses at the PG level. Understudies looking for admission to MD, MS, MDS and PGD courses should hold an MBBS degree from a perceived college. Competitors should hold a BDS/MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/BPT/BHA/B.Optom/BASLP/B.Sc. Nursing with a total of at minimum half stamps.
Admission to MD, MS, MDS and PGD courses will be, conceded given the score in UP PGMEE for 85% of the seats and NEET PG for 15% of the seats. Admission to MHA/MHPEE program will be, presented based on applicants’ exhibition in the entrance test, followed by a meeting.
Competitors with SC/ST classifications will be given an unwinding of 5% imprints in the passing assessment.
For the MHPEE course, showing Medical/Dental/Nursing/Allied Sciences personnel are likewise qualified for affirmation.
Admission Process for DM & M.Ch
KGMU additionally offers Super Speciality courses like M.Ch and DM. The college provides DM courses in four disciplines and M.Ch courses in nine fields. Understudies should hold MD/MS degrees in the significant discipline to seek DM and M.Ch courses. Affirmation will be allowed in light of the score got in AIDMCHEE.
The library is the centre point of academic understudy life nearby. Lord George Medical University houses an extensive library, loaded with more than 35075 books, 2690 book banks, and many CDs, diaries, and reports. The KGMU library comprises a Central Library and separate Department Libraries to help understudies and resources. The same has simple admittance to the course and reference materials through a participation card.
The University gives separate convenience to both young men and young women. As of now, there is a 12-hostel block that obliges more than 1000 understudies. All hostels include the principle office, security room, and a visitor house.
After graduation, one can seek after post-graduation, or he can go after Positions in Public or Private Areas according to the comfort.
This University gives a sound climate to the Undergraduate Students to effectively take part in Research Studies by empowering them yearly with explicit awards for their review recommendations.
KGMU UG Placements 2021: Highlights
|No. of students placed||40|
|Median package||INR 8.5 LPA|
KGMU PG Placements 2021: Highlights
|No. of students placed||203|
|Median package||INR 16 LPA|