GATE Exam 2023- Registration, Fees, Eligibility, Exam Pattern & Syllabus
GATE Exam 2023- The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India assessment managed and led in eight zones the nation over by the GATE Committee involving Faculty individuals from IISc, Bangalore and other seven IITs for the National Coordinating Board, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development. The GATE score/rank is, utilized for admissions to Post Graduate Programs (ME, M.Tech, MS, direct PhD) in organizations like IIT and IISc etc., with monetary help presented by MHRD. PSUs also utilize the GATE scores for enrolling possibility for different lofty positions with attractive compensation.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology mutually lead the GATE consistently. The passing placement test is directed for admission to postgraduate (PG) courses (M.E, M.Tech, PhD) in IISc and IITs. The tasks connected with GATE is everyone, of the eight zones are overseen by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. The test is led in the interest of the National Coordination Board (NCB) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India.
On the off chance that the up comer is to be chosen through test/meet for postgraduate projects, at least 70% weightage will be given to the presentation in GATE, and the excess 30% weightage will be given to the competitor’s exhibition in test/meet or potentially academic record, according to MHRD rules.
The conceding foundations could, in any case, recommend a base passing level of imprints in the test/meet. A portion of the schools/foundations determine GATE capability as the compulsory prerequisite in any event for affirmation without MHRD grant/assistantship. Occupations: Several public area undertakings would consider GATE scores to evaluate giving positions.
In this article, findmecollege has presented the structure of NEET with the details such as Registration process, fees, eligibility, Exam pattern as well as syllabus of the examination, down below:
GATE Exam 2023 Highlights
|GATE Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organizing Body||IIT Kanpur|
|Exam Level||All India Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based Test (Online)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subject Papers||29|
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject)= 65|
|Question Type||MCQ, MSQ, NAT|
|Applications Per Year||More than 9 Lakhs (Expected)|
|Number of Exam Centres||To be notified|
GATE Exam 2023 Pattern
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||29|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA)Candidate’s Selected Subject|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions|
|Questions for testing these abilities||Recall Comprehension Application Analysis & Synthesis|
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers except papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks Subject Questions: 72 Marks Total: 100 Marks|
|Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks Subject Questions: 85 Marks Total: 100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Questions carry 1 mark and 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking as well. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer|
Registration Process & Fees: GATE Exam 2023
- For the simplicity of candidates, the testing authority delivers an aide for practical accommodation of the GATE Application Form.
- The most common way of applying for GATE contains the accompanying advances.
- GATE Registration – Register as “New User” and continue as referenced in the aide. After effective enlistment, you will gain admittance to GOAPS with the accreditations you entered.
- Fill GATE Application Form – Login utilizing GOAPS Enrolment ID and GOAPS Password and begin filling the application structure, which incorporates subtleties like instructive capability, individual subtleties, and so on.
- Transfer Required Documents – Upload Image, Signature, Eligibility Certificate, SC/ST Certificate and PwD Certificate according to the given particulars.
- Instalment of GATE Application Fees – Payment should be possible through Visa, charge card, or net banking.
- Complete Declaration – Before presenting the application structure, and comer should peruse and acknowledge the affirmation articulation. Without that, you cannot give the application structure.
- Enter subtleties like a substantial email address mobile number and make a GOAPS secret word.
- All correspondence will be done through the enrolled portable number and email id.
- Because of unfamiliar understudies, all the correspondence will be done through an email ID.
- The door Application Fee differs for Indian nationals and International applicants.
Eligibility: GATE Exam 2023
- Applicants should guarantee they fulfil all the qualification models before enrolling on the web for the GATE test. One should realize that there could be no upper age limit for showing up in the GATE test.
- The four-year Bachelor’s in designing is, expected to apply on the web. Up comers other than India probably finished or are in the last year of their 4-year college education in designing is required.
- An applicant is presently contemplating in the third or higher long stretches of any college degree program.
- An applicant who has, finished any administration supported degree program in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science/Commerce/Arts is qualified for showing up in the GATE 2023 test.
- In any case, the competitors who have accreditation from any expert social orders should guarantee that those assessments directed by the social demands are endorsed by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as identical to B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Arch. /B.Planning, and so on
- Applicants who have acquired/are seeking after their passing degree from nations other than India: Must be at present in the third or higher years or finished their Bachelor’s certification in Engineering/Technology/Science/Arts/Commerce.
Exam Pattern: GATE Exam 2023
GATE 2023 would contain inquiries of two unique sorts in every one of the papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) conveying 1 or 2 marks each in every one of the papers and areas. These inquiries are level headed in nature, and each will have a decision of four responses, out of which the applicant needs to choose (mark) the correct response.
- Negative Marking for Wrong Answers: There will be negative checking for an off-base response picked in an MCQ.
- For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 imprint will be deducted for an off-base response. Moreover, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 imprint will be removed for an off-base answer.
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) convey one or two marks each in every one of the papers and segments.
- These inquiries are unbiased, and each will have a decision of four responses, out of which the up-and-comer needs to choose (mark) the correct responses.
- There is NO negative checking for an off-base response in MSQ questions.
- For these inquiries, the response is a marked genuine number, which the competitor should enter by utilizing the virtual numeric keypad on the screen. No decisions will be displayed for these sorts of inquiries.
GATE Exam 2023 Organizing Institute
|Year||Organizing Institute||Year||Organizing Institute|
|2023||IIT Kanpur||2009||IIT Roorkee|
|2022||IIT Kharagpur||2008||IISc Bangalore|
|2021||IIT Bombay||2007||IIT Kanpur|
|2020||IIT Delhi||2006||IIT Kharagpur|
|2019||IIT Madras||2005||IIT Bombay|
|2018||IIT Guwahati||2004||IIT Delhi|
|2017||IIT Roorkee||2003||IIT Madras|
|2016||IISc Bangalore||2002||IISc Banglore|
|2015||IIT Kanpur||2001||IIT Kanpur|
|2014||IIT Kharagpur||2000||IIT Kharagpur|
|2013||IIT Bombay||1999||IIT Bombay|
|2012||IIT Delhi||1998||IIT Delhi|
|2011||IIT Madras||1997||IIT Madras|
GATE Exam 2023 Subject Code
|Gate Paper||Code||Gate Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering||NM|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES||Textile Engineering & Fibre Sciences||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Geomatics Engineering||GE||Humanities and Social Sciences||XH|
|Geology and Geophysics||CG||Life Sciences||XL|
|Bio-medical Engineering||BM||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
GATE Exam 2023: Subject Combination
|Code of the First Paper||Codes of Papers Allowed as Second Paper||Code of the First Paper||Codes of Papers Allowed as the Second Paper|
|AE||NM, XE||IN||EC, EE, PH|
|AG||ES, GE, XE, XL||MA||CS, GE, PH, ST|
|AR||CE||ME||AE, CH, NM, PI, XE|
|BM||BT, EC, IN, XL||MN||GE, GG, XE|
|BT||BM, XL||MT||PH, XE|
|CE||AE, AR, ES, GE, NM||NM||AE, CE, XE|
|CH||PE, XE||PE||CH, GG, XE|
|CS||EC, GE, MA, ST||PH||EC, GE, GG, IN, MA, MT, ST, XE|
|CY||XL||PI||ME, MT, XE|
|EC||IN, PH, EE, CS, GE||ST||MA, PH|
|ES||AG, CE, GE||XE||AE, AG, CH, ME, MT, PE, PE, TF,NM|
|GE||CE, GG, ES, MN||XL||BM, BT, CY, EY|
|GG||GE, MN, PE, PH||*||*|
GATE Exam 2023 Subject Marks
|Paper Code||Highest Score||Highest Marks||Avg. Marks||Cut-off Marks|
GATE Exam 2023 Events
|Online Application Process Opens||Tuesday||30 August, 2022|
|Closing Date of REGULAR Online Registration/Application Process||Friday||30 September, 2022|
|Closing Date of Extended Online Registration/Application Process||Friday||07 October, 2022|
|Last Date of Change of Category & Examination City & adding a New Paper (An additional fee will be applicable per change)||Friday||11 November, 2022|
|Availability of GATE Admit Cards for download||Tuesday||03 January, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Examinations||Saturday & Sunday||04, 05 and 11, 12 February 2023|
|Announcement of Results of GATE 2023||Thursday||16 March, 2023|
|Availability of Scorecard for download by candidates||Tuesday||21 March, 2023|
GATE Exam 2023 Fees
|Category||Fees (September 2 to Sept 28)||Late Fees|
|SC/ ST/ PwD (per paper)||Rs 750||Rs 1,250|
|Female (per paper)||Rs 750||Rs 1,250|
|Other candidates (including International Applicants) (per paper)||Rs 1,500||Rs 2,000|
GATE Exam 2023 Requirements
|Qualifying Degree||Description of eligible candidates|
|BE/BTech/BPharm||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed|
|B.Arch||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed|
|B.Sc (Research)/BS||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed|
|MSc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Currently in the first year or higher or already completed|
|Int ME/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||Currently in the 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/4th year or already completed|
|Int ME/ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd/ 4th/5th year or already completed|
|Int M.Sc/ Int BS-MS||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/BTech/BArch)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses|
Syllabus: GATE Exam 2023
- General Aptitude (GA) is a specific area in all GATE Syllabus and holds 15% weightage of the all-out marks.
- The inquiries in GA depend on the verbal, mathematical, quantitative capacity and spatial fitness.
- Designing Mathematics holds 13% weightage in GATE Syllabus for papers with codes-AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, ES, IN, ME, MN, NM, PE, PI and TF.
- Notwithstanding, for XE (Engineering Sciences paper), Engineering Mathematics holds 15% in the inquiry paper.
- GATE Engineering Mathematics Syllabus has various themes in light of the paper code with Linear Algebra and Calculus as the usual subjects for every one of the papers.
- GATE Engineering Mathematics Syllabus tests a competitor’s numerical strategies and procedures, which are significant, utilized in designing.
- GATE Syllabus for CSE is, partitioned into three areas General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics and Core Discipline.
- General Aptitude segment conveys 15 imprints, Engineering Mathematics around 13 imprints and 72 imprints for the points from Core Discipline.
- GATE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering (ME) is significantly partitioned into five areas with a few sub-points under each segment:
- General Aptitude
- Designing Mathematics
- Applied Mechanics and Design
- Liquid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences
- Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering.
- The General Aptitude area conveys a weightage of 15 imprints, Engineering Mathematics for 13 imprints, while the rest for different themes from the schedule.
- GATE Syllabus for Civil Engineering is partitioned into eight areas with a few themes and sub-subjects under each segment:
- General Aptitude
- Designing Mathematics
- Underlying Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Natural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Geomatics Engineering
- GATE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering is isolated into 11 areas with different points under each segment:
- General Aptitude
- Designing Mathematics
- Electric Circuits
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Signs and Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Control Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Simple and Digital Electronics
- Power Electronics
GATE Exam 2023 ME Books
|Topics||GATE Book Name|
|Heat Transfer||Fundamentals of Engineering Heat and Mass Transfer by R.C Sachdeva|
|Machine Design||Design of Machine Elements by V Bhandari|
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal|
|Industrial Engineering||Industrial Engieering and Managment by O.P Khanna|
|Thermal Science||Engineering Thermodynamics by P.K Nag|
GATE Exam 2023 CE Books
|Topics||GATE Book Name|
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics (Edition 43) by B.S. Grewal|
|Strength of Materials||Strength of Materials (Edition 2) byU.C Jindal|
|Design Of Steel Structures||Design of Steel Structures (Edition 3) byS.K Duggal|
|Highway Engineering||Highway Engineering by S.K.Khanna, C.E.G.Justo|
|Structural Analysis||Basic Structural Analysis (Edition 3) byC.S.Reddy|
|Engineering Hydrology||Engineering Hydrology (Edition 4) byK Subramanya|
|Irrigation Engineering||Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures (Edition 1) by S K Garg|
GATE Exam 2023 EE Books
|Topics||GATE Book Name|
|Power Electronics||Power Electronics (Edition 5) by P.S.Bimbhra|
|Control Systems||Control Systems Engineering (Edition 5) by I.J.Nagrath, M. Gopal|
|Electrical Machines||Electrical Machinery (Edition 7) by P. S. Bimbhra|
|Electromagnetic Fields||Engineering Electromagnetics (Edition 8) by William H Hayt, John A Buck|
GATE Exam 2023 CSE Books
|Topics||GATE Book Name|
|Computer Networks||Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach (Edition 6) by James F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross|
|Databases||Database System Concepts (Edition 6) by Silberschatz, Sudarshan, Korth|
|Algorithms||Introduction to Algorithms (Edition 3) by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein|
|Digital Logic||Digital Logic & Computer Design (Edition 1) by M. Morris Mano|
GATE Exam 2023 ECE Books
|Topics||GATE Book Name|
|Analog Circuits||Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications (Edition 6) by Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith|
|Signals & Systems||Signals & Systems (Edition 2) by Alan V. Oppenheim, Alan S.Willsky, S.Hamid Nawab|
|Electromagnetics||Principles of Electromagnetics (Edition 4) by Mathew N.O. Sadiku|
|Control Systems||Automatic Control Systems (Edition 9) by Benjamin C. Kuo|
In this article we have discussed about the complete information of GATE Exam 2023 along with the fees, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus. Apart from that we have also talked about Registration Process, GATE Exam 2023 Highlights, Subject Code and Books for GATE Exam 2023. This article will help you with the complete information you need to know about the GATE Exam 2023.
Frequently Asked Question ( FAQ )
Question- What is the GATE Exam 2023 Full Form?
The full form of GATE Exam 2023 is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Examination. GATE is a national level exam conducted by IISc Banglore and IIT. The exam is conducted for admission in Post- Graduate courses in IIT and NIT.
Question- Who will conduct the GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- This year IIT Kanpur is going to conduct the GATE Exam 2023.
Question- How many attempts are there for GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- There is no defined limit of attempts for the GATE Exam 2023. Candidate can give end number of attempts irrespective of their age. But the Candidate needs to qualify for educational eligibility.
Question- How many times the GATE Exam 2023 is conducted in a year?
Answer- The GATE exam is conducted once every year. The exam is conducted for Indian and Foreign Candidates.
Question- What is the age limit for GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- GATE Exam 2023 has no age limit. The candidate of any age can appear for the GATE exam. However the candidate needs to qualify the educational criteria.
Question- What is the eligibility for the GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- The eligibility criteria for GATE Exam 2023 is the candidate must be BE/B.Tech/B.Pharma/B.Arch/B.Sc (Research)/B.S Professional Society Examination/M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent/Integrated M.E/M.Tech/Integrated M.Sc./Integrated B.S-M.S/Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree.
Question- How much CGPA is required for GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- The GATE Exam 2023 does not require any minimum CGPA for appearing for the GATE exam. But the candidate must qualify educational eligibility criteria.
Question- Can I give a GATE Exam 2023 after BCA?
Answer- No candidate with BCA is not qualified for the exam. The candidate must qualify the minimum eligibility criteria.
Question- Is a candidate in MCA eligible for the GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- A candidate with an MCA degree or final year of MCA is eligible for the GATE Exam 2023. The candidate must check the other eligibility criteria.
Question- For what GATE Exam 2023 is conducted?
Answer- GATE exam is conducted for any candidate to get admission in postgraduate program in IITs or NITs. The GATE exam is conducted by IISc and IIT.
Question- What is the GATE Exam 2023 registration number?
Answer- GATE registration number is the unique alphanumeric digit you get after filling the registration form.
Question- Can I give the GATE Exam 2023 in the 3rd year?
Answer- Yes a candidate in the 3rd year or in the 4th year is eligible for appearing in the GATE Exam 2023.
Question- How many times can we write for the GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- A candidate can appear for the end number of times. There is no age limit but appearing candidates must check the eligibility criteria.
Question- How should I improve my performance in the GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- Appearing candidates must attempt the GATE Mock Test. And students should prepare for the exam with consistency to improve the score in GATE Exam 2023.
Question- What is a good rank in the GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- Candidates getting rank under 200 are considered for admission in IITs. And candidate rank under 300 is considered for admission in NITs.
Question- Is the GATE Exam 2023 score valid for 3 years?
Answer- GATE score is only valid for 3 years for admission in IITs and NITs. However for the PSU the GATE score is valid for 2 years. And in most cases the score is considered for 1 year.
Question- When can I apply for GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- A candidate can apply for the GATE Exam 2023 through the official website. The application process will start from 30 August 2022.
Question- Does the GATE Exam 2023 have negative marking?
Answer- Yes the GATE Exam does have negative marking if the question is attempted wrong but only for MCQ questions. As only MCQ Questions carry negative marking if attempted wrong.
Question- How to apply for GATE Exam 2023?
Answer- Candidates who want to apply for GATE exam 2023 need to apply for the application from the official website by uploading required documents.
Question- What are GATE Exam 2023 Dates?
Answer- The exam dates for GATE Exam 2023 is between 4,5,11 and 12 February 2023. The notification has been released by IIT Kanpur as they are conducting GATE Exam 2023.
Question- What is the GATE Exam 2023 Application fee?
Answer- The application fee for GATE exam 2023 is been categorized below.
1. Female candidates- ₹ 850
2. SC/ ST/ PwD- ₹ 850
3. All other candidates- ₹ 1700